There are some 2,700 species (different kinds
of mosquitoes live and die close to where they
hatch, although some can travel kilometer in
search of a host, only the female mosquito bites
as she requires blood meal to produce eggs.
Helpful Mosquito Control Tips
Mosquitoes require standing water in aquatic habitats including fresh water, salt water, marshes, brackish water or in a water found in containers, old tires, tree holes, even flower pots. The female mosquito lays her eggs on the surface of the water and if conditions are right, the eggs hatch and become larva, then pupa then adult mosquitoes; all in 10 to 14 days.
What are Mosquitoes?
Adults usually live 15 to 25 days, but may live up to two months. Without food, they survive only about two to three days. They require food food before they will copulate, and copulation is completed in as few as two minutes or as long as 15 minutes. Oviposition commences 4 to 20 days after copulation. Female flies need access to suitable food (protein) to allow them to produce eggs, and manure is not adequate
Helpful Fly Control Tips
1) Remove garbage daily. Some fly species can complete their lifecycles in as little as 3 or 4 days.
2) Make sure that garbage cans or dumpsters have tight fitting lids.
3) Rotting garbage odors attract flies, keep garbage cans as far away from doors as possible.
4) Keep doors and windows close or screened.
5) Keep exposed food covered.
6) Use air curtains on commercial kitchens doors.
7) Make sure buffer zone in entrances are dimmed and equiped with fly insect killers.